Friday 8 to Sunday 10 September 2023
Arrive on Friday between 7pm – 8pm. Dinner is NOT provided on Friday night, but there will be some supper available from 8pm.
Youthworks Port Hacking Conference Centres,
1 Rathane Telford Rd,
Royal National Park
The Youthworks site is approximately 1-2 hours drive (depending on traffic) from St John’s Cathedral. A National Parks pass is not needed to access the site. We’ll be staying at Rathane, which is the first site on the left. There is plenty of on-site parking.
We don’t want anyone to miss out on the Weekend Away because of finances. If cost will be an issue for you, please speak with David Ould.
- Adult (18 and over) – $230
- Family (two adults, two or more children) – $800
Check cost of adult plus children’s tickets in case you can get cheaper by booking separate tickets – especially if you have younger children.
- Child, aged 6 to 17 (early bird) – A$180.00
- Child, aged 3 to 5 (early bird) – A$80.00
- Infant, under 3 years old – FREE
Saturday tickets (9am to 5pm, includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea):
- Adult (18 and over) – $80
- Child (6-17 years old) – $50
- Infant (0-5 years old) – FREE
Registration for the Weekend Away closes on Sunday 20 August.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bible & pen
- Towels, pillow & bed linen
- Swim-suit (to use the waterslide / pool)
- Recreational activities (e.g. board games, pack of cards, frisbee, ball)
- General needs for a weekend away
Roger Fitzhardinge, Senior Minister at Fairy Meadow Anglican Church.
Roj lives with his wife Leah, three kids, a neurotic but friendly groodle and a collection of hot sauces more extensive than any man could reasonably expect to consume in a lifetime filled with bland foods. During the infamous months of the 2021 COVID lockdown (a more difficult time for him than most, for reasons below) he took an online quiz entitled “How extroverted are you?” and on scoring 96%, promptly declared, “Go back! I know where I lost those four marks!” He has been the senior minister at Fairy Meadow Anglican Church since the start of 2017, where he does his best to teach the Bible well, be real with people about the challenges of life and not muck anything up too badly.
Glorious! Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Frequently asked questions
What is a Weekend Away?
- A chance for our 9:30am congregation members to spend a weekend together, learn more about God, and get to know our brothers and sisters in Christ.
What does the cost include?
- The cost includes accommodation, all meals, the use of camp facilities & a camp booklet.
What is the accommodation?
- Accommodation is camp-style, with bunk beds in most rooms. Most rooms have ensuites. Families with kids will stay together and we’ll do our best to allocate everyone a room they’re comfortable with.
What if I have dietary requirements?
- Please fill in your registration with all your dietary requirements including special requests. If the camp site is unable to facilitate your dietary needs, we will contact you to make alternative arrangements.
What do I need to bring?
- You will need to bring clothes for a weekend (including recreational activities if you choose to), swim-suit, towels, pillow, bed linen (bed sheets & quilt/sleeping bag), toiletries, pen and bible.
Will there be carpooling?
- Please arrange your own transport to and from Port Hacking. If you need a lift, please make those arrangements. There may be others attending the Weekend Away with space available in their car.
Will there be a kid’s program?
- Yes! Some of our Kid’s Church leaders will be running a program on Saturday.
What time do we need to arrive?
- Please arrive on Friday 8 September at 7:00pm. Dinner is NOT provided on Friday night, but there will be some supper available from 8:00pm.
Will there still be our regular Sunday Service?
- We will integrate our Sunday Service into our weekend away program on the Sunday morning. We will not have our regular Sunday Service at Parramatta while we are away.
Any other questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.