In term 3, Engage Youth have used lockdown to develop the essential habits of the Christian Life. ‘Building Blocks’ is a series of practical seminars that have given our youth an opportunity to:
- Learn to read their Bible using COMA method (context, observation, meaning, application).
- Articulate the gospel and craft a gospel presentation to their friends that is accurate, simple and relevant. They have been learning to present a gospel presentation called 3 Circles.
The Engage leaders have been very proud of the effort that our youth displayed, especially being so screen fatigued after a term of home-schooling. We’ve had 80% plus attendance with high engagement and participation. So, we also thank parents for prioritising this time.
We are particularly encouraged by the boldness of our youth in these seminars. The seminars have not allowed the youth to be passive, but instead challenged them to be active through discussion, feedback, practice, and homework.
To our parents, whom we partner with, ask your teenager what they are learning and to have them share with you.
We continue Building Blocks in Term 4 and will be running seminars on the following topics:
- Building a Personal prayer life.
- Writing and sharing your Christian testimony.
- Using questions in conversations with Unbelieving friends
- Building friendships centred on Christ.
Pray that our youth will develop the essential habits our Heavenly Father has given us to sustain and nourish our faith.
Ronaldo Sanchez / Assistant Minister
St John’s Anglican Cathedral, Parramatta
PRAY: Pray that our youth will develop the essential habits our Heavenly Father has given us to sustain and nourish our faith.
Engage Youth meets on Sunday afternoons on YouTube during lockdown, and at 9:30am Sunday the rest of the year.
Join us this Sunday for our online Sunday service. We meet at 10am each Sunday on YouTube right through lockdown. Or check out out Sunday services page for more information on our face-to-face services.