The Cathedral site is the oldest continual place of worship in Australia, with the first church building erected here in 1803. The twin towers reportedly date to 1820 but it was 1855 before the nave was opened. The building is now listed on the State Heritage register, and it has a warmth and intimacy that make it attractive for weddings.
As St John’s has a special place in Parramatta and in the lives of many people, we receive many requests for weddings. At the current time we are only able to accommodate weddings for regular attenders.